According to the provisions of the Law no. 200 of July 16, 2010 concerning the foreigner’s regime in the Republic of Moldova, visa is granted to foreigners by diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of Moldova abroad.
- The long-stay visa (type D) allows the entry and stay of aliens on the territory of the Republic of Moldova for a period of 90 days at the most, within any period of 180 days preceding each day of stay in the Republic of Moldova, for the following purposes: economic activities, professional activities, commercial activities (such as investment), religious or humanitarian activities, work, studying, family reunification, as well as research. This type of visa allows the right to submit for a permanent resident permit following an official request addressed to the Bureau for Migration and Asylum of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Moldova.
REQUIREMENTS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Study (D/AS) – the visa can be issued to the third-country nationals who are to enter the Republic of Moldova for pre-university, university or post-university studies, as the case may be, or for getting academic degrees in state or private education institutions accredited according to the law.
- Application Form (download);
- Travel document (passport) issued in the past 10 years, valid for at least 3 months beyond the intended date of leaving the territory of the Republic of Moldova (in the case of minors – additionally the birth certificate and the passport of the legal representative);
- A recent mat, colour photo 35mm x 45mm;
- Confirmation of approval to studies from the educational institution;
- Travel medical insurance valid on the territory of the Republic of Moldova (minimum cover 30.000 euro);
- Proof of real means of payment for studies and maintenance in the amount established, except for foreign scholars of the Republic of Moldova (in the latter case, proof of holding a scholarship in Moldova) and those participating in student exchange programs;
- Invitation issued by the Bureau for Migration and Asylum or, the resident’s permit or valid Visa issued by one member state of the European Union or of States Parties to the Schengen Agreement (except Transit Visa).
- Consent of parents or guardian regarding the stay for studies in Moldova, if the foreigner is a minor.
- Judicial record, translated into Romanian or English;
- Consular fee – 40 euro.
- In case of a foreigner’s participation in a student exchange program, in addition to the above documents shall be presented: copy of the agreement between educational institutions that organize the program and the commitment of maintenance and accommodation (download);
For more information, please visit the web page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration of the Republic of Moldova.